I got my LiveID invitation code 2days ago so I decided to invest 15minutes evaluating Azure. I am already pretty familiar with Google AppEngine having developed my own Web site on it but since I am striving to be "technology agnostic", I needed to investigate Microsoft Azure PaaS.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
I invite anybody wishing to share their knowledge of the Cloud Computing market to edit (click the MindMeister image on the bottom righthand side of the map or here) the following wikimap:
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I was digging through old backups just recently and I decided to make some .PST files more productive ( e.g. searchable ). I could have opted for Google Desktop ( I think ) to sift through those backups but I instead followed the GMAIL road since I am in the process of trying to convince my wife to move completly to GMAIL from Outlook.
- Step 1: install readpst ( link ) on a Linux machine ( I use Ubuntu primarily )
- Step 2: extract mail from the .pst file into mbox format
- Step 3: Configure Mozilla Thunderbird with GMAIL through IMAP: instructions can be found here.
- Step 4: Install an mbox import/export extension for Thunderbird: available here.
- Step 4: Import mbox folder hierarchy in Thunderbird: use Tools -> Import/Export in mbox/eml format -> Import mbox file menu option and select the appropriate dialog option ( I used #4 i.e. Select a directory where searching the mbox files to import (also in subdirectories ) ).
- Step 5: Move the emails as desired.
- It appears that the use of the IMAP interface through Thunderbird might be cause some "silent failures" from time to time. I suggest moving/copying emails by small batch in order to track & manage this shortcoming.
- Also, I would seem that GMAIL's web-interface is not able to track "in real-time" the changes and of course this problem is compounded by the amount of moving/copying being done in a particular time interval.